After defining your search criteria and clicking , your search results are displayed in the map, summary and list views in the main window. The map view is shown below the Search and Navigation Bar, and shows an icon where each foreclosure from your search results is located. The foreclosure type icons include preforeclosures, auctions, bank owned, sold to third, and cancelled. If you select the My Property search option, the multiple foreclosure type may also be displayed to indicate multiple foreclosure notices for a property.
Map View Example
Using the Map View
- Double-click in an area on the map to zoom in.
- Select a specific area to search using the Rectangle or Circle area selection tools, or search the displayed area of the map using All.
- Mouse-over a property icon to view the address caption; and simultaneously highlight the property in the list view, and show the foreclosure summary view.
- Click on the map or on the X by the address to close the address caption.
- Click on a property icon to view more property details.
- Customize your map.
Area Selection Tools
You can draw the area you want to search within the Map View using either the Rectangle or Circle buttons.
To Select An Area:
- From the Location search criteria, click Map.
- Double-click the area in the Map View that you want to search for foreclosures.
- Click the button you want to use. The Rectangle and Circle buttons allow you to draw an area on the map you want to search, and the All button allows you to search the entire map shown.
- To define an area using the Rectangle and Circle tools, click once on the map to set a start point, then click again to set an end point.
You can set other search criteria, or click to get search results.
Customizing Your Map
There are several ways you can change the map view, including:
- Choosing a map type.
- Enlarging the map view.
- Zooming in and out.
Choosing a Map Type
In the upper left corner of the map, the map type menu is available from which to select how you want to view the map:
Map Type Menu
You can display the map in a different format, including Street, Aerial, Hybrid, or Birds Eye View map types:
- Street Map is the default, and displays a simple view.
- Aerial displays the satellite image including terrain.
- Hybrid superimposes street information on the satellite view.
- Birds Eye View displays the close-up view as the bird flies. This option may not always be available.
Enlarging the Map View
To display only the map with your search results in the main window:
- In the upper-right corner of the map, click to display only the map view in the main window.
The list and summary views are then removed.
- Click to return the main window to the original display with the list and summary views.
Zooming In and Panning Out
In the upper-left corner of the map, click to zoom in or pan out on the map.